Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Second Speaking Class

On Thursday, the weather was very nice; It was very rainy, so we sat near the main entrance of Wham Building. During this meeting, we talked about many topics that were very interesting, so I could discuss with many group members this time more than the last time; the feeling of confidence increased and the shyness decreased a little bit but no more! But I realize that my speaking and listening skills improved because I could communicate with native speakers without the needs for preparation. I am very happy because of this fantastic result. Moreover, the most interesting thing I have learned were special occasions in different countries; most of these occasions were religious. This topic was interesting because that day was was followed by Eid celebrating for Muslims marking the end of Ramadan. I told my partners what we do on that day and I told them some special traditional dishes we have. Furthermore, we talked about nonverbal communication and how it is different among countries. For example, in touching communication, Americans and Asians have approximaely the same touch communication, but in Arabic countries, there are some boundaries in touch communication between opposite gender and the same gender. All these topics we discussed about during that meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment